Jobs by Category
Limassol Marina AttendantRef. 1041 Limassol
Posted on 18/05/2017
Limassol Marina is looking to recruit a Marina Attendant
Accountable to the Assistant Marina Manager
• Assist owners and crews with yacht berthing, especially when weather/tide conditions are unfavorable, including towing and line work with the marina workboat, car-parking and baggage handling.
• Check berth occupancy and license validity, monitoring water and electricity usage.
• Book in yachts, allocating berths, issuing berthing licenses and invoices, receiving payments (including cash) and issuing receipts.
• Ensure that the boats in the marina are at all times properly and sufficiently moored and protected with fenders, and that neither mooring lines, electricity cables, boat overhangs or any other thing causes a hazard on pontoons or quays.
• In liaison with the maintenance department carry out routine repairs and maintenance duties.
• Clean building, pontoons, quays and the marina site and workplaces in order to maintain a high standard of hygiene and appearance.
• Operate the fuel dock following all relevant procedures and enforcing all marina rules.
• Assist with boat handling and boatyard operations (e.g. boat hoist) operate high pressure cleaner, block and stand yachts where and as appropriate.
• Regular inspections of bow moorings, and all under water ground tackle.
• In liaison with government officials (police, customs, immigration) issue keys and security passes, monitoring security (including late evening/night security rounds), answering telephone and personal enquiries, operating the VHF, maintain log-books and records.
• Comply with the Company’s health and safety policy and other procedures and guidelines and with recognized good working practices, and seeing that others follow.
• Comply with the marina regulations
• School-leaving certificate
• About 3 years’ experience in nautical/marine sector or in customer service/hospitality sector
• Trained, qualified or experienced in a relevant trade (e.g. electrical or mechanical engineering, carpentry, fabrication, general boatyard work).
• Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificate or permits beneficial to the marina, including health and safety certification.
• A good standard of computer literacy
• A good general knowledge of marina operations including boat lifting, boat handling and towing, rope work, plant and equipment maintenance.
• Proven skills in VHF communication, first-aid and fire-fighting procedures.
• Proficiency in swimming
• Diving certificate from a recognized body
• A small craft driving certificate
• Proficiency in Greek and English are required
Please send your application by email to: email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Due to the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.