Jobs by Category
Senior Project AssistantRef. 1262 Nicosia
Posted on 06/11/2017
ΚΕΝΗ ΘΕΣΗ ΣΕ ΔΙΕΘΝΗ ΟΡΓΑΝΙΣΜΟ
Special Vacancy Notice CY2017-05
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Senior Project Assistant
Duty Station : Nicosia, Cyprus
Classification : Grade G6 equivalent
Type of Appointment : Special Short term, until 30th September 2018, with
possibility of extension, full-time 100%
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 17th November 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Migration Health Division works towards the promotion of a public health approach to migrants’ health to ensure migrants’ right to health, to avoid disparities in health status and access to services, to reduce excess mortality and morbidity and to optimize health outcomes and the ensuing contribution to social cohesion, growth and development.
The Re-Health2 (Implementation of the Personal Health Record as a tool for integration of refugees in EU health systems) project has the overall objective to contribute to the integration of newly-arrived migrants and refugees, including those to be relocated, in the EU Member States’ health systems through the utilization of the PHR/e-PHR (a universal EU tool for health assessments that aims at improving the continuity of care, making medical records available to health professionals within and from reception to destination countries, and facilitating data collection to better understand and meet migrants’ and refugees’ health needs) as also through supporting and fostering use of and capacity-building of health mediators. Ultimately, the project will contribute to the EU Digital Strategy by demonstrating the feasibility and limitations of such a system, which then can if positive be further up taken /taken in to consideration by e-(Health) EU related entities.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Head of Office – IOM Cyprus, the successful candidate will provide cultural/health mediation in Cyprus.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In close coordination with the Head of Office – IOM Cyprus and the Senior Regional Migration Health Advisor for the European Region, the incumbent will maintain liaison with relevant local counterparts and IOM’s units as needed for the daily project implementation of the Personal Health Record as a tool for integration of refugees in the EU health systems (Re-Health2), in a timely manner and in line with IOM's policies and practices as well as donor requirements;
2. Prepare, review and adjust project documents for Cyprus including: adjustment of the mission’s project budget, if needed and in collaboration with IOM RO Brussels, on the basis of updated working plans, ensuring consistency with the available resources, as per prior agreement with the donor and in line with applicable IOM internal procedures;
3. Prepare regular and specific progress reports and presentations, as required;
4. Monitor Cyprus project Implementation Action Plan and keep colleagues apprised of any inconsistency and suggest remedial actions;
5. Assist in the co-authorship of an article on the general health profile of migrants in Cyprus
6. Organize and hold, in coordination with the Head of Office – IOM Cyprus/ Senior Regional Migration Health Advisor for the European Region, meetings and training with all concerned actors in Cyprus;
7. Assist in recruiting and monitoring the work of health mediators/interpreters;
8. Undertake duty travel as required for the successful project implementation;
9. Identify and pursue co-funding opportunities directly related to the Project;
10. Participate in seminars and meetings as required, as well as other events aimed at promoting the project;
11. Monitor and review priorities, trends, policies and programmes in the field of migration health in Cyprus;
12. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Public Health, Political/Social Science, International Studies, Medical Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with six years of relevant professional experience.
• Excellent knowledge of EU, national and local migration health policies and legislations;
• Demonstrated experience in proj